Using meat as a side course
Are you wondering whether to eat beef or chicken ? which one and how to include these food in to your diet ? or make them in to appetizers during a drinking session ?
- Dips are awesome with an element of meat! Buffalo Chicken Dip or Cheeseburger Dip are excellent for parties and get-togethers. For healthier versions, swap out regular cheese for low fat and use lean meats.
- For a perfectly portioned snack, put chicken salad onto crostini’s. To save on the calories, use a light mayo and incorporate a heaping helping of celery to add fiber.
- Bacon is a perfect complement to green beans. Add small, chopped pieces of bacon to your green beans for a delicious surprise. Doing the healthy thing? Lean turkey bacon is great and contains less fat and sodium. Just be sure to read the label when picking your bacon for fat and sodium content.
- Pulled pork or chicken sliders are great when you want something satisfying, but want to keep the portions smaller.
- For a healthy snack, make mini wraps with chicken or fish and lots of veggies. These are great for in-between meals, or even as appetizers if cut small.
- Skewers are always fun finger foods! Be it meatballs or skewered Asian-glazed chicken, these fun dishes pack a punch of protein and a ton of flavor.
- Crab stuffed mushrooms are a hit at any party.
- For a flavorful, Asian-inspired side dish, try shrimp fried rice, which is packed with protein. Use a low-sodium soy sauce for a healthier option.